Sunday, January 9, 2011

How easy is it to buy an assault rife

oCurrently, California has a very strong gun control and have a ban list too. There are a lot of folks who are against the ban list and would love to have the same opportunity to buy like they do in AZ. Now after the shooting, it's still legal for AZ folks to buy a firearm...so long as you have an Arizona address...and you can get one even though you may not live in AZ.

We all heard about the disgruntled employee who was fired from his job. went to AZ, bought a pistol and the same day, came back, shot and killed his bosses, coworker and an ex, then putting the gun to his head and pulling the trigger. Law suits flew all over, the estate of the man, the business, the gun owner and so on. I learned this taking a law class in college. All the gun lovers said that the gun manufacture cannot get sued for the irresponsibility of the gunman

Agreed.

But the state can be held liable. How?

No not because the laws were not strict. I can't go to AZ and buy a firearm. I have to show my I.D. and the dealer must ship it to a certified FFL (Federal Firearm License) dealer, the dealer then holds the firearm from 15 to as much as 30 days and then transfer the weapons to me. No, that's not how it works/ There is an easier way. By giving an address. How can I get an address? By buying one legally.

In order to to get a drivers license, you need your birth certificate and an address with your name. How can I do that? From places like Mailboxes Etc. I can get an address, without the P.O. Box attached, give it to the DMV and get myself a real honest-to-goodness drivers license or I.D. card and then go to a gun show, show my I.D., have my background checked and I can walk out without anyone verifying the address. Why? Because people like Jan Brewer are hiding behind the Second Amendment.

Even something as simple as e-Verify or at least a background check on the address can easily assuage the fear that someone whose state has a stricter control than say Arizona cannot just willy-nilly buy a firearm. So, without a waiting period or SOME SORT OF REGULATION, the blood of the dead in AZ is on their hands.

2 comments:

  1. Hello all,

    I just wanted to take a minute to tell you that you have a great site! Keep up the good work.
    Firearm License

    ReplyDelete